Dirty Dancing rocks into Bradford and promises you, The time of your life πŸ’•


let's set the scene, it's a usually balmy October evening in Bradford and the strange hot autumn even all of a sudden got all the more sizzling as one of the all-time favourite's rocks into town for the opening evening of classic, Dirty Dancing is a must see for all this week in Bradford.

way back when at the ripe old age of 12, I remember rifling through my Auntie Jane's VHS collection thinking Ey Up what's this cheeky little number it just happened to be Dirty Dancing,  feeling all risquΓ© and wanting to be nosy I popped it in and from the starting notes of 'Be My Baby' and the dancing I have been hooked ever since, I think the movie is all time favourite for so many people, myself dreaming of heading up to the Catskill mountains to find my very own Johnny Castle, Patrick Swayze still to this day still remains a dreamboat in my eyes and who ever was taking on the famous role had to deliver and I just have to say Micheal O'Reilly just did that.
I'm not going to lie when I say it was my 7th time seeing the timeless classic unfold on stage and every time I see it, it's like seeing it with fresh eyes all over again, it was always be one of my all-time favourites.

The 1987 original film of Dirty Dancing has a massive following and is loved by so many generations. It’s an all-time beloved classic, sometimes on-stage productions don't live up to the hype, but i can assure you that this production, on stage fresh from the West End, sets to bring ‘the classic story on stage for all to see ',and it does just that.


I love that as the characters are saying lines I can actually relay what they are saying as it really is that close to the movie, the live music and band were absolutely out of this world, playing all the favourites such as 'Hungry Eyes, In the still of the night, love man and you don't own me and how could I forgot ' I've Had The Time Of My Life, Jodie Zimmerman and Bradfords own Danny Colligan taking lead vocals really brought all the feels with their pitch perfect singing.


The leads who took on the roles of iconic Johnny and Baby needed to really live up to Swayze and Grey did just that, Kira Malou taking the stage as Baby and Micheal O'Reilly stepping into the shoes of Johnny really lived up the roles, the sizzling chemistry, the acting and dancing were amazing, Malou was amazing taking on the role of Baby, her transformation throughout the evening made the audience feel like we were on the journey with her, I just have to say where can I find a man like Micheal O'Reilly who took on the role of Johnny, he had the whole audience swooning and anticipating him arriving on the stage, Malou and O Reillys scenes just kept getting better, the chemistry had the whole theatre at sweating at 110° , the leather leather jacket and intimate dance scenes most definetly delivered and took all us eager fans over the edge, I will leave that one there for you all to visualise. 


I have to give a massive nod to Bradford lad Danny Colligan taking on the role of Billy, his acting and singing stole the show and his rendition of 'in the still of the night' left myself and the whole audience with goosebumps had to be a stand out performance for me.


the ending performance of show the stopping dance routine 'I've Had the Time of My Life' left the audience wanting more, the whole theatre up dancing wanting more, what a fabulous evening of live theatre, music song and dance, I highly recommend a visit to the Bradford Alhambra this week you will not be disappointed!!


Dirty Dancing plays at the Bradford Alhambra Tuesday 10th- Saturday 14th October 2023.

You Can Also See More Of My Theatre Reviews Over On My Award Winning Page @thelittlelifeofshazzap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Returnable Cups Are Helping To Tackle Single Use Plastic In Bradford -Help Me Spread The Word !! ♻️πŸ’•

Gini's Boutique, The Happiest Little Gift Shop In West Yorkshire πŸ’•✨️

The Townhouse Richmond, The Perfect North Yorkshire Getaway πŸ πŸ‚✨️