Greatest Days- The Official Take That Musical Full Of Feel Good Vibes And Nostalgia Hits Bradford And Its A Singalong Success 🎤🎶


Let's set the scene its a rainy Tuesday night in Bradford the September blues have kicked in and I honestly needed something to cheer me up, how did I know that 'Greatest Days' the official Take That Musical would cheer me up no ends with its Take That jukebox nostalgia song after song bringing back memories and knowing every single lyric from the get go I knew I was going to be hooked left right and sinker and that I was.

A fabulously talented all-round cast tell the tale of five best friends who reunite 25 years to after they have been to see their favourite boy band in concert, and realise how their lives and friendship have changed over the years but will it still stand the test of time?, were those younger days the Greatest' Days', or are they still to come with age.

I was a bit dubious at first going in blind I have a small love for Take That well that's what I thought, I think everyone knows a Take That song or 2 playing the songs was gospel in my house growing up but getting older I kind of veered away from the music but still have a soft spot, from the get go as soon as the younger casted girls and the swoon worthy lads playing 'The Band' hit the stage dancing high energy to hit after hit i loved the singing along to the famous hit Pray, I was hooked I found myself swooning and falling in love with the loveable characters, the 4 girls were all relatable younger as well as older where can I find a friendship group as cool as they were, Tim Firth’s delightful script telling is both emotional and thought-provoking I won't give too much away, but also hysterically funny too, the audience find themselves gripped by the tale of friendship going through the trials and tribulations all whilst their love for 'The Band' never changes.
I didn't expect the turn half way through the 1st half but let me tell you it left me a blubbering mess and YES im not ashamed to admit I had tears in my eyes, i didn't expect the turn of tides, I think I felt every emotion last night watching the show I laughed I cried (a lot) I danced and I sang and let me tell you I really really enjoyed myself I came away feeling happy with plenty of feel good vibes .

The boy band are not specifically named as Take That but you get the jist really well.  dance routine after dance routine, every colour co-ordinated costume you could just tell they were based on the swoon worthy well know boy band, and let me tell you did we swoon over the cheeky chappies they romp their way through no less that 20 well known songs throughout both half's, including my favourites, Never Forget, Relight My Fire, Pray, and The Flood to name but a few but they definitely delivered with the song stakes with dance moves and vocals to match, bravo lads.


The ladies playing the main characters were all absolutely amazing, I resonated with each one of them whether older or younger they all played amazing parts I absolutely loved the talented Olivia Hallet playing Younger Rachel, Bayley Hart playing Younger Zoe and felt so much love for Mary Moore playing ill-fated Debbie, I loved all the cast but they stood out for, what a very talented cast I highly recommend .

If you fancy something different this week if you're in a slump and in mega need of cheering up, I highly recommend a visit to The Bradford Alhambra to enjoy Greatest Days you definitely won't be disappointed. 

Greatest Days Monday 18th- Saturday 23rd September 2023.

You Can Book Here !!! 

You Can See More Of My Award Winning Blog And Theatre Reviews Over At @thelittlelifeofshazzap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Returnable Cups Are Helping To Tackle Single Use Plastic In Bradford -Help Me Spread The Word !! ♻️💕

Gini's Boutique, The Happiest Little Gift Shop In West Yorkshire 💕✨️

The Townhouse Richmond, The Perfect North Yorkshire Getaway 🏠🍂✨️