How Returnable Cups Are Helping To Tackle Single Use Plastic In Bradford -Help Me Spread The Word !! ♻️💕




Hey up loves, happy Thursday and all that jazz, anyone who follows my blogging knows my love for championing small businesses and helping the environment where i can, its the way forward this day and age and I'm super chuffed that Green Street have put 2 and 2 together and have come up with a fabulous pilot scheme .


 Proud champions of sustainable hospitality and retail across the city, Green Street have launched a nifty new little scheme in a bid to help make Bradford more sustainable and try get folk involved and I'm all for it you have to try and help where you can this day and age.



Last night I headed to Java Joe's in Bradford to find out all about the Borrow* Scheme which is all the rage at popular Cafe's and Restauraunts in the city, the Borrow* scheme sees participating small businesses lend customers reusable takeaway containers and beverage packaging for a returnable deposit of 50p to £1 which in my humble opinion is a win win situation, enjoying delicious food and drink which you all know I love,  whilst helping to make the city more sustainable, if you hand the cups or containers back you get you cash returned what a bonus, I think the Borrow* Cups are dead trendy looking dead hip and cool and definetly the accessory to be seen with this Summer !!!

Borrow* are also doing an exciting new pilot scheme trialling Borrow* boxes for takeaway with MyLahore Bradford which also has the same concept as above which I think is amazing! 

Customers receive amazing discounts on the food and drink they buy through the Borrow* scheme, so there’s perks for the planet and your pocket!’ 

Borrow* is a simple solution to reducing single use packaging for drinks and takeaways which can help businesses slash there carbon footprint .


Let me explain the dealio, when i ordered my favourite Frappe i was given the option to have my tasty beverage in one of the sustainable Borrow* Cups and explained the scenario which I thought was a cracking idea and quickly payed my £1 and was told upon finishing I could take my cup or give back and get my £1 back, the cups are fully cleaned in house ready to be re-used and customers are rewarded with not only their deposit back but also with exclusive rewards and the pride in knowing that they have done there bit in helping to reduce the need for single use plastics, I love that the cups and packaging can be used time and time and time again it really is that simple !!!

Getting extra rewards is easy with Borrow*, make sure you scan the we code on the cup to sign up for rewards. Then for every cup you bring back you just scan the return point in store, and get 1 point for every item returned. When you reach 10 points you get a free hot drink at any Borrow* cafe! 

Being Yorkshire Food Blogger Of The Year I'm dead keen to rave about the scheme and helping to get the word out and help and I intend to champion the scheme on my blogs and most definetly get involved at participating restauraunts and cafe's when in Bradford, I think if you live in Bradford get involved it really is the way forward to help the environment !!

Keep Your Eyes Peeled In Bradford For Participating Cafe's and Restauraunts Including 
-Java Joe's 
-The Sunflower Cafe 
-Lefteris Cafe 
-The Good Food Kitchen 
-The Bothy 
-Digins Hut 
-Wharfe Street Coffee 
-Intouch Cafe 
-The Quays Cafe 
-City Hub
-Cafe Liza 
-Smorgasbord .



 You Can Find More Out About The Pilot Scheme Over on the Borrow* website https://borrow.greenstreet.org.uk  and follow social media platforms @__greenstreet @__borrow’


You Can Follow My Latest Blogs Over At @thelittlelifeofshazzap on Instagram 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gini's Boutique, The Happiest Little Gift Shop In West Yorkshire 💕✨️

The Townhouse Richmond, The Perfect North Yorkshire Getaway 🏠🍂✨️