The Live Summer Music Continues To Set Halifax Alight With Legend Sting and American Indie Folk Band The Lumineers Hit Town .. 👌💃☀️


The live summer music continues to set little Yorkshire town Halifax alight and the acts just keep getting bigger and better, as a local lass I just cannot stop pinching myself, last week music legend Sting rocked up and turned the heat up a notch and Folk Indie band the Lumineers mellowed the Piece Hall for a night of world class music . 


Last Tuesday english legend singer song writer Sting rocked up and my oh my did he turn up the heat, he boomed onto the stage playing hit after hit including ' Message In A Bottle', 'English Man In New York' and 'Roxanne' to name a few and what a show the rocker put on , the whole crowd were screaming and singing along at Stings beck and call, for the ripe old age of 71 the fella still knows how to move and he definetly rocked the stage, he brought a Tuesday night in Halifax alive and kicking, it was such a pinch me moment one of them where you are stood there thinking wow Sting is actually playing live in front me playing his hits on our little town it was amazing . 


The last gig of phase one of the summer gigs happened last Sunday with american indie folk band the very well know 'The Lumineers, I think being a massive music fan this was also a pinch me moment I have been an avid Lumineers fan since my teen years so it was lovely to sing along to the love songs and ballads, the highlight of the evening for me had to be when they played their best known hit 'Ho, Hey' it was a lifetime moment to see a crowd of over 5500 singing along word for word, I forgot how many fabulous hits the Lumineers had playing back catalogue classics such as 'Ophelia', 'Ho, Hey and 'Stubborn Love' what a show to finish phase one of the big summer shows it was an amazing night of live music.  


After the gigs had finished I felt a bit sad last Sunday as phase one of the summer gigs had finished but then I remembered next month the gigs are back to finish the summer season and what a finish it is going to be with corkers such as Limp Bizkit, Groove Armada and a finishing night with indie legends The Charlatans and Jonny Marr .. what a time to be alive I can't wait to spend the last evenings of summer with the best musical company at my favourite little spot The Piece Hall.  

I am having the time of my life, Sting and The Lumineers were both a joy to watch. 

You can catch more of my daily blog over at @thelittlelifeofshazzap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Returnable Cups Are Helping To Tackle Single Use Plastic In Bradford -Help Me Spread The Word !! ♻️💕

Gini's Boutique, The Happiest Little Gift Shop In West Yorkshire 💕✨️

The Townhouse Richmond, The Perfect North Yorkshire Getaway 🏠🍂✨️