The Best Pre-Gig Foodie Spots In Halifax .. Get Your Drool On 🤤

As Yorkshire Food Blogger Of The Year it is my absolute pleasure to be writing this little article bringing you my favourite little foodie spots to visit before enjoying one of the much anticipated summer gig at the Piece Hall, im always on the look out for new foodie spots to visit, these are a few of my favourite little spots to grab a bite before hand whether its a light bite, mezze boards or a sweet treat there is a spot for every taste bud, each week i will bringing you a little guide to spots i recommend first up this week, here is my little guide so let's get started . 


Totem - 8 Westgate Arcade 
Totem has to be my new favourite upcoming little foodie spot, I love the whole feel good foodie vibe, I like to visit regularly as they are always changing the menus and trying new things out being daring with food combinations which I love,  Totem also have a vast menu available before the gigs such as veg, meat and fish plates, can I just say the evening mezze platters with a twist are to die for and I am loving the Tandoori Cod and I can confirm I am drooling just writing about it, I love that they are also serving an extensive alcoholic beverage and cocktail menu which will be a highlight for many gig goers, 
and the lads who run the joint, how could I not mention the 3 amigos Jay, Luke and Dan have really thought of everything when bringing Totem to life and it really shows with the fabulous service attention to detail and the delicious homemade menu they always make me feel welcome with the cheeky banter and make sure all the cusomers leave feeling full and happy , I have been a few times now and not once can I fault anything I have eaten and I have always enjoyed .. I recommend a visit to Totem if your looking for no nonsense food with a twist and good vibes
Lucys Little Bakehouse 
It goes without saying Lucys Little Bakehouse is the Happiest place in Halifax, you walk of feeling full of beans and smiling, if your looking for a cute little spot with the best coffee and homemade bakes this is the place for you, I am a massive fan of the signature cookie pie with a different flavour to enjoy every other day and the secret recipe brownie as everyone leaving asking why do the brownies taste so good, everyone wants a piece of the top secret recipe, I love that they also serve fresh toasted currant teacakes with butter and I have spied that they now have Milkshakes and iced coffees for the summer, I love that owners Lucy and Pammy and the team have brought something so special to Halifax I don't think I have ever been and its not been quite I think everyone wants a piece of the infectious laughter and brilliant bakes, LLBH is open evenings before the gigs which will be perfect for a little relax and a slice of heaven of a big meal doesn't take your fancy.


Hatch Brunch House -North Gate 
If you fancy a fabulous brunch menu all day Hatch Brunch House is for you I mean who doesn't love an all day breakfast brunch menu I absolutetly adore the pulled pork crumpets with poached egg that meal lives in my head rent free, I love that Hatch are also getting into the gig spirit and opening evenings before the gigs with an evening menu with dishes such as Burrata, Open Kebabs, Pil Pil Prawns and what's more is they are serving a fabulous cocktail menu for all you gig goers, I can confirm the evening menu and cocktails are fabulous and Hatch as a real summer vibe, you are always made to feel welcome and I love the banter after my last few visits I definetly want to go back time and time again to enjoy more of the menu, if you fancy a sweet treat I love the stacked loaded Nutella and strawberry pancakes all this foodie talk is making me feel hungry, if your looking for a breakfast brunch summers evening vibe I recommend Hatch . 

Seoul Korean-Westgate 
I absolutetly love a visit to Seoul Koren, I like to keep it to a monthly visit so I can try all the new delights on the menu, being a massive foodie I love trying new cuisines and I think I can say after indulging in one 2 many crispy chicken rice bowls it is firmly up there with one of my go to dishes of all time as a foodie, all authentic and freshly made in house you really cannot go wrong, their is a fantastic menu range with something for everyone to try and you always get the warmest of welcomes, I love that they also serve crepes, smoothies and traditional alcoholic options, if your looking for something different I recommend a visit I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 




Freddie Fowlers- Borough Market 
If you fancy heading into Halifax wally before a gig I think gospel that you head to quirky little hotspot Freddie Fowlers in Borough Market, Bruce the fabulous owner did all the catering for my 30th birthday and let me tell you The food didn't disappoint, delcious little tapas style dishes made from the heart one on my favorites being the Patatas Bravas and the Prawns which are delightful, homemade tasty pizzas and burgers are also on the menu I would go as far as saying Freddie Fowlers is the little hidden gem of Halifax with once again a proper Yorkshire welcome with some tasty food combinations and drinks. 

Noco's Kiosk-Westgate Arcade 
Nocos Kiosk is another Little hidden gem in the heart of Halifax, of your a fan of hearty Italian grub I recommend a visit and what's more is it is only a stone throw away from the Piece Hall so not far to walk with a full stomach, Noco serve plenty of hearty Italian delights suitable for all ages, I particularly enjoy the Goats Cheese and Pancetta Bruschetta with comes in a massive portion and literally tickles your taste buds, I am so glad I came across this little hotspot, they serves delcious good and also authentic Italian drinks such and Aperol Spritz and beers from the pump, I am a massive fan a little spot like Nocos couldn't get passed my keen foodie eye .
Shibden Mill Inn -Shibden Valley 
If your looking for somewhere a little way out of town but only a stone throw away over the hill steeped in history and gorgeous scenery I highly recommend a visit to the Shibden Mill Inn, if you felt adventurous you could always walk it over the hill into Halifax to walk your tea off, if your fan of stone baked pizzas in lovely settings with a glass of gin to join I recommend a visit to the award winning Shibden Mill Inn, the pizzas are to die for and with an award winning gastro menu you will be spoilt choice, I love to have a walk down and Soak In the atmosphere in the summer. 
Next Level- Dean Clough 
If a burger and loaded hot dog are your kind of thing your a gamer this is your spot before a gig, it's a really cool chill outzone zone perfect for kids and adults, they have plenty if retro games and fifa if you fancy and the decor is amazing, let's talk about the food which is insane, I went last week and enjoyed a cheeseburger burrito which is a gamechanger alongside the extensive menu of loaded fries and poker on themed mocktails, my little step lad Theo loves the place, if your a family heading to the gig I recommend popping down to Dean Clough. 

La Luna- Westgate Arcade 
how could I do my top 10 foodie pre gig hotspots and not include everybody's favourite the fabulous La Luna, La Luna is always packed to the rafters serving the best dishes, Desserts and cocktails, I am a massive fan and love to visit regular nothing is too much to ask and as I don't drink they always make mocktails on request when I ask, Carbonara being one of my favourite dishes on the menu with the added mushrooms and pancetta it's a dish that never fails to fulfil my foodie needs, once again just a stones throw away from the Piece Hall so if your looking for a quick easy bite before this is your spot . 


Pride and Provenance 
I don't think you could get a closer little foodie heaven than the lovely Pride And Provenance which is literally a step to the entrance of the Piece Hall, P&P serve delicious little tapas style dishes, charcuterie board and a cracking little sandwich menu which are all locally sourced from the best suppliers around and paired for your ultimate enjoyment,  Pride and Providence also serve a fabulous range of alcoholic drinks to suit your fancy and their is once again something for everyone to taste to try and enjoy, I love the decor and the feel and the food is amazing . 

I am so excited to be bringing you my little weekly recommendations in the coming weeks, a massive thing for me as Yorkshire Food Blogger Of The Year Is raving about these small family businesses and being able to put them on my platform where they can all reach a bigger audience, they all deserve all the love and credit for all the hard work, love and passion they put in to there little foodie spots, so if you are looking for somewhere to ear before a gig keep the above spots in mind... until next week loves enjoy x 




keep an eye out for all my blog posts over at @thelittleofshazzap on Instagram and my foodie articles in the Halifax Courier . 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Returnable Cups Are Helping To Tackle Single Use Plastic In Bradford -Help Me Spread The Word !! ♻️💕

Gini's Boutique, The Happiest Little Gift Shop In West Yorkshire 💕✨️

The Townhouse Richmond, The Perfect North Yorkshire Getaway 🏠🍂✨️